Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shaving The Pubic Hair (For Women)

The proper word is "Vulva" but I prefer to call it "Vagina" so I won't confuse too many people. "Vagina" is the word of choice for a woman's private part, never heard anyone including my OB/GYN refer it as Vulva... I wonder why "we" are afraid to say "Vulva"..?? Anyways, this article will discuss the proper way to shave the "Vagina" in order to prevent those nasty razor bumps & minimize ingrown hairs. I have heard many women talk about getting nasty razor bumps a day or two after shaving, so I'm here to show you a good way to prevent or minimize your chance of getting it. I experiment with my body a lot so this is a shaving routine that works for me each time, and I hope it works for you too!
Things You Will Need
(a) Brand new shaving razor... a cheap disposable razor is a No-No. (Make sure you invest in a good quality razor; the ones with multiple blades and pivot heads are the best because they give a smoother close shave)... Example of good brands are Venus Embrace, Schick Quattro, etc.
(b) Pure Silk shaving cream for women..Make sure it says for "Sensitive Skin"...
(c) AYATE washcloth... This will be used for exfoliating dead skin cells..
(d) Shaving oil
(e) EQUATE Unscented baby oil (hypoallergenic)..make sure it contains Vitamin E
(f) Clean towel
Step-By-Step
(A) Trim your pubic hair (if it is too hairy)..This will make shaving easier and minimize irritation down there.
(B) Take a "Warm" shower or bath for at least 15mins.
(C) Use an Ayate washcloth and unscented bathing soap to wash your private part. This will exfoliate the dead skin cells.
(D) Apply some shaving oil on your private part... The razor will glide easier and your skin will remain moisturized throughout the shaving process..Very important!
(E) Apply a generous amount of shaving cream... A rich lather will protect your skin from nasty nicks & cuts. (Before applying the shaving cream, make sure your private part is Damp, Not soaking wet)... Big difference!
(F) Using a sharp razor, shave in downward motion. Make sure you rinse the razor every few strokes... Allowing the razor to clog up will cause a disaster on your private part.
(G) When you are done shaving, rinse your private part thoroughly. Pat dry with a clean towel.
(H) Make sure you moisturize the shaved area right after patting dry. I use Equate unscented baby oil for this purpose. Yes, you will be oily. Better oily than itchy, right? ******Avoid applying scented lotions, this will irritate your skin thereby causing those nasty bumpy bumps****. Apply on the external part Only!!!
A friend of mine suggested "Flawless Ingrown Hair Serum" & "Bikini Zone Anti-bump Shave Gel" for fighting ingrown hairs & bumps. Keep it handy in case you need it.
(I) Avoid wearing panties for at least an hour. Also, avoid wearing tight fitted clothes (especially jeans) right after shaving... (I often shave on my day off so I just wear a skirt or loose fitting shorts with no underwear for the rest of day). Whenever your private part starts to feel dry, apply more baby oil on the External parts only. Dry private part = Itchy private part.
Final Note: Ladies, if you want to go completely bald down there I suggest you get a Brazillian Wax. Trying to shave off the pubic hairs completely can be dangerous because you might cut your inner Vulva. Brazilian Wax also keeps you bald for some weeks and you don't have to worry about razor bumps either.
A Quick Recap: I'm not in anyway claiming that this method will prevent bumps and ingrown hairs in everyone. This is just a shaving method that works for me so I decided to share it with everyone with hope that it will help someone else. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment